Saturday, December 1, 2007

Gifts Class





A few nights ago I did a fabulous class for a wonderful hostess and her guests. Each participant created 5 projects that could be used as a holiday gift or card. It was so much fun!! I thought you all might like to see the projects that they made.









This is the Holiday Organizer. I first saw it on Jen Peel's blog but I don't know where the original idea came from. This organizer uses a two-pocket folder (like the ones from Staples) that you fold inside out and then fold each side in half toward the center. This next photo may help to show what I mean.




The pockets are covered with coordinating card stock and designer series paper.






This is a great hostess gift ...think next Thanksgiving if you are invited somewhere!!



The next project has been around for a while. I first saw a tutorial on Split Coast Stampers more than a year or two ago but it is so cute that I bring it back every so often. It is a little "Nugget Box" and it fits 3 Hershey's Nuggets candies just perfectly!!







We used the Snow Burst set from the now expired Holiday Mini Catalog with Bashful Blue and Brilliant Blue card stock. A Snow Blossom punch and a rhinestone brad finshed them off beautifully!




We made a Z-fold card as well as a pocket card that I learned at Regionals in September. By Changing the card stock and stamps we got a very cute holiday gift card holder!



You can see the pocket on the inside in this picture. It is created in the folding process. This little card ends up being 4" square but starts out 4 x 12.









Another favorite project was the small photo book made with our clear envelopes! By sticking several envelopes together and creating a cover from card stock you can make a very cute little brag book. These are just perfect for sending to grandparents or to long distance relatives and friends. A child might like to receive one with pictures of family members or perhaps a series of photos from their younger days.



We used the ever popular Lovely As A Tree set to create a pretty winter scene on the cover of this one.




I refered to the Z-fold card earlier. They are so much fun and create a WOW moment for the recipient but are not all the difficult to create. This one uses the Jolliest Time of the Year stamp set. I really love this set!!


I hope you enjoyed these fun projects. Feel free to e-mail me at lpstamp@verizon.net for more detailed directions.

Until next time...I am off to design 5 cards for a class I am teaching on Tuesday evening.

No comments: