Monday, January 14, 2008

Ladies Night Out

Yes I know I have been slow getting things posted! Life in general can get so crazy...and then the NFL Playoffs take up a big chunk of the weekend....YEAH the Patriots won again!!! 17-0!! This weekend they will play the San Diego Chargers on Sunday at 3pm for the AFC Championship and a trip to the Superbowl! GO PATS!!

Alright, enough of football for the moment...I promised I would post the samples we made at Ladies Night Out for those of you who couldn't make it. So here they are! The first sample is a darling 3x3 card that came right off a swap that my upline, Lisa Bunce, created. We decided to use the focal point and create a 3x3 card with it. We used textured Blue Bayou card stock as the base 6x3 folded to 3x3. Then we used Black Stazon ink to stamp the cute little mouse from Happy Heart Day on both white and Pomegranate card stock. We cut out the Pomegranate heart and created a slit along the edge of the mouse on the white card stock to slip the Pomegranate heart under the mouse's nose and hand. Lastly the mouse was watercolored using ink pads and aquapainters. So cute!


The second sample we did used the Time Well Spent hostess set which Stampin' Up! gave to all active demonstrators in December!! The card base was Naturals White because I don't like using Whisper White for a card base. To me it does not feel sturdy enough when you add the other layers. We added Soft Sky flowers around the edge and then stamped smaller flowers in Real Red on the Real Red layer. A layer of Soft Sky Designer Prints DSP tied things together nicely! On a layer of Whisper White we stamped the words and added small flowers in the the corners. These were stamped in Basic Gray so that they wouldn't run when we added the coloring. We used Blender Pens and markers to add the Soft Sky and Real Red. Lastly, a piece of the stitched Red Grosgrain Ribbon was stapled to the top. This ribbon is available in the Jersey Ribbon Originals. A great time was had by all and many ladies signed up to host a workshop. My calendar is filling fast so if you want to have a workshop let me know soon! Remember, you can earn Hostess Benefits by hosting a "Catalog Show" as well as having an actual workshop. A catalog show is a great way to get FREE product for yourself while offering the convience of shopping from home to your stamping friends!!!
I spent a bit of time last night updating my Stampin' Up! website. If you haven't checked it out yet you should! Just click here and check it out!
I guess it is time to shovel and then get on with the rest of my day...I have several errands to run today...
Until next time when I will share some of the great swaps I got at my last demonstrator meeting!

No comments: