Monday, July 7, 2008

Having fun!

Sometimes it is so much fun just to read other stamper's blogs! I get lots of great ideas that way and it is fun to see what kinds of classes other folks are offering and s forth. Well the other night I was reading Tina Rosenkrans' blog. She is several branches up the "family tree" from me in our Stampin' Up! family and she is very funny!!! I love listening to Tina talk and reading her blog is almost like listening to her. Anyway she had an event at her house the other day and her new Decor Elements arrived during the event and so she decided to put hers up immediately....Here is what she says about putting up the Decor Elements...

Friday nite my Stampin' Up! order arrived with the new wall rub-ons we have just released!! I LOVE 'EM!!!
So I utilized the talents and brain power of some of the girls to put one up on the wall immediately!


And, as is my teaching style (and patience level) I will tell you the things NOT to do when you are applying this new and cool product at your own home!!

-Do NOT throw away the directions as soon as you open the package

-After trying on your own and having to retrieve the directions from the garbage do NOT assume that they are only on one side of the paper.

-Do NOT rush the process by whipping the sticky paper off as if you are taking off a band-aid.
After your friends have all jumped in to try and save you, do NOT tell them you know what you are doing if, in fact, you really don't.

-When you are ready to walk over to the wall with the sticky paper and letters all ready to go and holding them so nicely in front of you do NOT walk into a fan blowing on high.

-When the directions clearly state 'Do Not let sticky paper attach onto itself' .... do NOT believe they are lying. (test this theory for yourself with the with the last step....)

-If you find yourself with sticky paper and letters attached to your face because of that stupid fan just consider it like having a mini skin peel.......

After the unintentional laughter died down we did get them up easily and beautifully..... and I am sooooo happy with them!! I can't wait to do the next set- I am just going to ask a few friends over first for backup!!

I do wish I could have been there for this! I think I am going to have Rich help me do mine this coming weekend when he gets home and then I will post a picture here.

For now I am keeping myself busy making card fronts to take to convention to swap. I have done two and am in the middle of the third one. My mom was a big help in getting one set all put together! I will post the one I am working on now soon. I used the In The Wild stamp set and am pleased with the way it came out.

My new downline, Ana, will be coming over to stamp at my house next week. I am looking forward to stamping with her!

No comments: