Friday, April 10, 2009

Crazy for Cupcakes!

This cute card was on one of the display boards at a demonstrator only event I went to last month. It features the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set from Stampin' Up! I have found lots of ways to use this really cute stamp set. In fact Lisa and I had two cards in our recent Birthday Card Class that used different parts of the set.

The So Saffron card used the cupcake stack on the tray. We also used several different designer papers from the Sweet Slumber specialty paper pack. Yes, and if you look carefully there is glitter on those cupcakes! Those of you who know me know that for me to create a card using glitter is most unusual, as I have an intense dislike (gasp) of glitter! These cupcakes just cried out for it though!


This card used the fun balloon image from Crazy For Cupcakes and two pieces of the Sweet Slumber specialty DSP. We paper pieced the balloons by first stamping the image on the Whisper White CS and then stamping them again on scraps of coordinating CS and cutting them out. Perhaps I should have made one of my balloons with the red polka dotted paper. Oh well, next time!!

I will try to post more of the birthday cards we made in class soon.
Thanks for checking in today! Leave me a comment about your favorite part of having a birthday!

No comments: