Monday, July 20, 2015

July Paper Pumpkin

I was so excited to get my July Paper Pumpkin Kit on Friday! I made myself wait until Fun Friday and opened it with the folks that were here. It is a very cute stamp set and project kit! The kit is called Thanks a Latte and has three greeting stamps, a coffee/tea cup and two plant stamps that are two step stamping!
The card is so sweet as designed by the artists at Stampin' Up! but fun to play around with as well.
I also looked around on YouTube using a search July Paper Pumpkin 2015 and found a few folks who had changed it up a little. Hawaii Paper Party shared the idea of creating a border around an extra piece of card stock using the negative space from around the orange stickers.
You can see that in the card on the left. I also used a small piece of Crushed Curry card stock.
The card to the right I created by cutting one of the DSP pieces from the kit in half vertically, I originally stamped the cup and teabag string right on the Whisper White but felt in needed a bit of color so I stamped it on a scrap of Soft Sky, cut it out and added it with dimensionals. I added one of the clips with ribbon from the kit.
 
One tip I have for you is that you should use a block a bit bigger than the image and if you are using the block that came with your first Paper Pumpkin Kit you should be fine. I was trying to use block A and it was hard to line up as I was looking through the edge part of the block. A block at least a little bigger allows you to more easily line up the two step images.
 
The weather forcast for Friday looks good so join me for Fun Friday from 3-6 in the screen house and see these in person for yourself!
 

 

No comments: